Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

1.  What is your working EQ?

My working EQ is:

 "What types of techniques can an actor utilize for an entertaining and quality performance on stage?"

2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ? Please write the answer in thesis format.

My possible answer for my working EQ is:


      • Able to utilize the body, the voice, and the psychological together as a key tool to perform significantly on stage.


3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ? 


My important source would be Source # 8 a, b, and c, which is " Alexander Technique: An Acting Approach" by Sarah A. Baker. The reason why is because the article talks about how actors can deal with their body, vocal skill, their mind, and show how actors can use all three of them together to perform better on stage.

4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?

My Mentor is Paul Larson, who is the director of the next Chino Community Theatre production called "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" ;which I will be helping with, and also the founder of the theatre. This mentorship is going to help me with my working EQ because I will be working with actors for a while. Which means I will get to see how they are able to practices roles in a short time and how they practice to be their characters by themselves or with other actors before they are ready to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment