Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Competing in the Shakespeare festival in Cal Poly

On April 12, me and nine other people form drama headed to Cal Poly to compete at the annual Shakespeare Festival. Its a time of year where about for school come to together to compete each on scene that is base from the work of William Shakespeare. this was technically smaller short version of Fullerton Festival. Anyway, there were only about 8 judges, half of them from Cal Poly, and three other schools. Its started off with women monologue to men monologues and finally group scene. By the  time it got to me, I was so ready to preform the monologue that I use at the Fullerton Festival and practice for months. But during my performance, I was choking a little bit and suddenly I kind of forgot the two lines for my monologue, I was starting to get nervous but i didn't wanted to let the audience nor the judges know I forgot my two lines. So I did what I have to do, I improvise the part continue my my other lines as if I didn't miss one. After my performance, I felt Ok but I was regretting for missing two lines of it. Luckily, after the competition was, we were allow to talk to the judges to see how we did. I did went up to to see how I did. He said i did a fine preforms and he didn't notices I miss lines. He said a true actor will continue the play without stopping and he was impress how i was able to manage to do it. It made me feel better that I did what i have to do without really screwing up the performance. Even though I didn't won the competition, I still got a great experience with my performance and watching other actor performing on stage. This may be my last competition of acting in high school, but I may continue it in my college year and maybe pursuit theatre as a carrier, but time and fate will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment