Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Midsummer Night's Dream Play

Last night, I went with twenty other students from drama class to the Cal Poly Studio Theatre to watch a Famous William Shakespeare's play called "A Midsummer Night's Dreams", which was directed by Sam Robinson. While watching the play, I was amazed how the actors were able to make me and the audience feel like we were part of the story  and how well they were able to play the roles with long monologues and do a lot of movements in a small stage.

After the play, me and the other drama students were able to stay to ask questions to the director and the actors.  Few other people from the audience did asks how long did they work on the play. The director said that they were working on this for six month but only had eight rehearsals, but the reason why was everyone was busy with their own things, but every actor of the play made a commitment to practice their lines every single day, even they didn't had a lot of  rehearsals. The director also told us that at the end, every actor fulfilled their commitment, which really surprise me a lot.

 I was able to ask one question to the actors which was "Was it easy to play a role of your character that could the opposite of yourself". One of the actors did told me that some roles can relate to them but some can be the opposite. But they told me that being an actor is to be able to express your self in a whole new view. Its also to expand yourself with different roles to make the audience believe that your this character.

This play in Cal Poly Studio Theatre help me to understand a little bit more of my topic and reminded me why I love doing acting. I see these actors having fun of what they do to make this play entertaining and have the audience to enjoy the play. I am just glad I pick this topic and I will continue to learn more of my topic for this year senior project.

Here are some of the picture I took from last night. Sadly, I wasn't allow to take pictures during the performance, but was able to take some of the stage before the play started. Plus I was able to take a picture with one of the main actors of the play, which was awesome. But most important, I had a lot of fun.



 Waiting for the play to started in the hour.

The ticket of the play with the seat number in the bottom right.

A sign stand of the play that was right next to the entrance. 

The place where I saw the play in Cal Poly.

Pretty much a small stage where the audience can watch the play in two sides.

Had a few props in the stage.

There were couple of cloths hanging above the stage to add some effects with the stage lights.

Get to take a picture with this awesome actor, which by away was the audience's most favorite actor during the play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment