Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Preparing for Fullerton Festival

Since the past two months, me and the drama team had been preparing for the annual Fullerton Festival for  March 14 and 15. For those who don't know what it is, The Fullerton Festival is an annual theatre competition where over 30 high schools drama clubs come together and compete against each other weather its acting, tech team, stage designs and so on. Since the play called "working", that the drama team preform, ended in December, the team went straight in Fullerton stuff. Each person in the drama team, including the ones who are not in the elective but are still going, had been assign and register for the competition of what catalogs they sign up for.

I in the other hand, sign up for monologue catalog and beginning working on it. the monologue that I am doing is a scene form "Midsummer night's dream ", by William Shakespeare, where I play as a character name Puck who is telling a silly event that he had trick some other character on purpose. So far, I'm beginning to understand the character's objective and try to lean to act like him. I also been practicing at home where I wrote my lines down many times so its easier to memorize and practice in a full mirror to see how I'm preforming. Not only I'm doing a monologue, but I am also doing scenes from "working" with the drama team and will be only performing it under ten minute, since there are other team who are competing.

And to make sure we are doing alright, The drama team had an after school  rehearsal meeting on 2/26 to review of what we are being scored on by the judges and gone through everyone's monologues and dialogues scene, including the "working" scene. at the end, everyone including me got reviews of what to improve in the next few weeks before the Fullerton Festival comes. So hopefully me and the drama team do well for the completion in a couple of weeks, so wish us luck.

This is the monologue I'm doing for the Fullerton Festival. The paper I have in the right is a technique I learn a while ago that helps me to memorize my lines better. what I do is that I write foru or five lines down and writ it over again about 10 tens which will help me remember what I wrote and help me to say it better and it work all the time.  

This feed back, from Hogan, which is telling me what I need to improve before the Fullerton festival comes.

This is the score sheet that the judges will be using to score us in the performance. It kid of dose look like the project rubric, except this focus on Content & Demand, Articulation & diction, Choices Made, and Audience Interest from the scale of 1-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment