Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blog 2: Summer Mentorship Component



Literal:  

1. (Know) Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties

Summer Mentorship Log

2. Contact Name & Number

Toni Lynd
(909)-655-3938   
    
3. (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them. 
    
What do I need to do that will count towards my mentorship for my topic?

How come the extra hours of mentorship we do during the summer don't count towards our mentorship hours for the school year?

Will we be able to use our experience from our summer mentorship as our sources for our senior presentation by the end of the year?

Interpretive

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

What I learned from my mentorship was that you have to make a commitment to the person that you are getting mentorship from to show that you are responsible for being there to help them with whatever they need you to do, and to let them know if you are unable to meet them on a particular day. If you don't do this, you're not just letting your mentor down but you're also letting yourself down for not fulfilling your commitment.

What I also learned is that it is easier to learn of your senior topic by working with someone who has experience with that topic. You will get more information from an expert on your topic than trying to research the right info through books, newspaper, and the internet.
  
Applied
   
5. How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.

While doing this summer mentorship of my topic, theater acting, I have discover that there is a lot more information about theater acting then I thought. If I continue to do this, it's not only going to help improve my acting skills but it's going to help me to improve my social skill with others, since I don't really socialize with other people and hopefully through this topic my skills will improve. I really hope that through this topic I can improve my skills in both acting and socializing, making me a better person that in hopes will succeed in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment