Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10:Senior Project:The Holiday

Content:

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?

As soon as winter vacation began, I went back to my mentorship to help my mentor to finish one of the last performance that he has be directing for over two months on the weekend and help him take down the sets since there was another play that will soon be needing the stage. I did relaxed for almost a week, but that didn't stop from doing my project. During that time, I was researching couple of sources like articles and videos that I can use for my project and help me formulate my first answer and begin working on my second one for my EQ.  

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

I learn that even though taking a break from school work maybe good for us to rewind ourselves, we should also always learn new things everyday that can help us learn better of our topic. During my break, I try not to think about the project, but deep down in my mind, I was so eager to learn more of my topic since I'm so passionate to learn topic. So thanks to this, I know what I will be researching my first answer that going to help me answer my EQ and began working on answer 2. The source I learn was in my mentorship. During that time, I will always see my mentor interacting with the actors so passionate. I see him going on stage helping the actors to know how they will be moving around the stage, how will they positioning them self when interacting with others and presenting their acting skills they have learn to the audience. This help me to begin working on my first answer that involves stage direction and look up other sources like videos that gives lesson on stage direction, stage position and a few other that involves knowing the stage that formulates the acting tool called the blocking technique, which is helping me a lot to understand and its all thanks to my mentor in mentorship. He also gave me advice of how he use the blocking in his own way with the actors that can help created an effective scene that will catch the audience attention.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

I would talk to a person name Lisa Lanier. The reason why is that she is the assisstant director during the play called "The best Christmas play ever". She also an actress and perform many plays and directed in the chino community theater  for around twenty years. During my mentorship, she gave me a lot of good advice of performing on stage and how actors would practice that will get the audience attention and she knew what she was doing when working with the actors. I would like ask her a lot more about acting that going to help me learn more better of my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment