Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Mentor and Learning Experience Opportunity

About three weeks ago, I was with my parents at their friends's house to celebrate their friend's Daughter's 21 birthday. During the party, My parents were talking with their friends, including others that they never met, until they met someone name Ginna Escobar. She is a close friend to my parents' friends for couple of years.They talk about many things like where they're from, how their life are, and so on. During that time, we found out that she is the vice mayor of Pomona, which really surprise my parents, and not only that, she actually a part time theater actress and owns a acting studio in downtown Pomona. My parents began to tell her about my senior project of what I am doing and how I a handling it. She was actually curious about my work and ask me about how much I know about. I told her about things I did in my independent component 1, mentorship at chino community theatre, my involvement in I-poly drama,  my research, and so on. She was very impress of how much I know so far and told me that she really like how I am so passionate about my work. Not only that, she told me that she will really like to have me work with her at her acting studio in down town Pomona, teach me some acting tools like technique or method, and get involved with her work. I was so happy that I get to have an opportunity to work with someone who has been acting in the professional level. She told me to call her if I am willing to take her offer and let me interview her. I haven't done it yet but I will do as soon as possible because with this Opportunity, this can help me understand better of my topic better and help me with answer 2 and 3 for my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment